- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- (2-pound) boneless pork loin
- 2 medium onions, vertically sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven. Add pork and cook until well-browned on both sides. Remove to a plate. Add onions, carrots and celery to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Return pork and any juices to Dutch oven and pour cider over top. Cover and simmer, basting occasionally, 1 1/4 hours or until temperature on meat thermometer inserted in middle reaches 150F. Remove roast from pan and let rest 10 minutes. Slice pork and serve with vegetables and pan sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: