- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 3 lime leaves
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- Chopped fresh cilantro and chopped cashew (optional)
- 6 cups cooked white rice
- To prepare for the freezer: Combine curry paste, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and water in a large bowl; stir until combined. Add chicken, onions, bell peppers and carrots; toss to coat with curry mixture. Divide between two large freezer bags. Label bags and tape together, attaching a copy of this recipe. Place in freezer. Put a sticky note on coconut milk and rice.
- To cook: Remove bags from freezer and let thaw about 30 minutes. Empty bags into a 6-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW 8 hours. Add coconut milk 30 minutes before serving.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Spoon rice into bowls and top with soup. Sprinkle cilantro and cashews on top, if using. Makes 3 quarts.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: