- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, plus a pinch
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract (or 1 teaspoon espresso powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon water)
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon cardamom.
- Combine yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, coffee extract and oil; whisk well. Slowly stir in flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes, until a cake tester placed in the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Place 1/4 cup brewed coffee in a saucepan. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves. When cake is done, let cool in pan 10 minutes. Place cake on a wire rack over a sheet pan. While cake is warm, poke holes in top of cake, pour coffee mixture over top and allow it to soak in. Let cool.
- To prepare icing, combine powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons of brewed coffee and a pinch of cardamom, stirring until smooth. Add more sugar if necessary to reach spreading consistency. When cake is cool, drizzle glaze over cake.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: