- 1 can (14-ounce) light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons panang curry paste (1.75-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut in 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice
—Recipe by Laraine Perri
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, peanut butter and lime juice; whisk well.
- Add red pepper and onion; stir to coat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken, cover, and simmer until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil; simmer 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: